Dr. Hilary Costello
Naturopathic Medicine, Holistic Dermatology, Skin Surgery
Hello! I'm Hillary...
Achieving vibrant and dynamic health is one of our greatest gifts and the focus of my work. As a physician, I strive to: know and understand the people I am honored to care for, take the least invasive action required for healing from illness, educate about preventative medicine and act as a healthcare liaison and advocate for the underserved.
My family introduced me to the healing arts at a young age and I always wanted to be a doctor. My grandmother was a Russian homeopath and my grandfather a surgeon. While growing up, I remember the pure joy and satisfaction that came from helping people. For me, this feeling has never gone away and has evolved into my work in medicine as a physician, my humanitarian projects in Kenya and teaching within my field. Being involved in natural medicine and women’s health for nearly 20 years has allowed me to arrive at a place of gratitude and confidence in my skill set as a physician and active member of the healing arts profession. It is an honor for me to be a physician.
My philosophy is to take a pro-active approach to health. My goal is to reveal the full health potential of an individual. I hope to encourage and inspire us to be the stewards of our physical bodies and to explore the great expanses of our mind and spirit. Natural medicine provides many pathways to healing and options for easily accessible preventative medicine to promote health and wellness. My approach to health is holistic and I value the importance of exploring all aspects of life.
I graduated from the National College of Natural Medicine in Portland, Oregon in 2005 and completed the Natural Childbirth/ Obstetrics program and advanced training in minor surgery and botanical medicine. I received my undergraduate degree from Sarah Lawrence College in New York in 1998 where I studied science and the world’s religions and completed my pre-med coursework with a minor in fine arts painting.
I have a special interest in radiofrequency skin surgery and holistic dermatology. As an artist, my goal is to provide excellent skin surgery techniques with pleasing aesthetic results. I provide naturopathic primary care and functional medicine as the foundation of my practice. Women’s health, family medicine including pediatric and adolescent care, endocrinology and bio-identical hormone therapy for men and women and structural physical medicine to address musculoskeletal issues are areas of special focus.
I am the mother of three daughters and happily married wife of nearly twenty years. I grew up near the ocean in Los Angeles, California and have an immense love for nature and the coastal wilderness. My love for art, music and dance penetrates all aspects of my life and I find great joy in the culinary arts. Learning about the roots and culture of our international communities is a continual drive to educate myself and help manifest opportunities for those in need.
Please visit my website at LUCAHolisticMedicine.com for more information and to view radiofrequency videos, before and after dermatology photos, read articles, learn about my international works in Africa and Jamaica, and to view some of my art.
Hilary Costello N.D.
SANTÉ Aesthetics & Wellness always appreciates feedback from our valued patients.
- "This place has it all! Edwin is one of the best massage therapists out there." 12/2/2021
- "I had a great time here and will definitely be returning. The vibes are so relaxing and everyone is really nice. My aesthetician for my facial, Amaliya, was so sweet and she has such soft hands! I enjoyed chatting with her during the session as well. My massage therapist was Edwin, and he was so much fun. He is very professional and did a wonderful job working through all the knots in my back. Also, he is very kind and I loved our conversation... it felt like I was hanging out with friends all day! Definitely recommend you check this place out."
- "I've been getting laser hair removal done by Letha for a few years now. She is such a professional, is so knowledgeable, and does a fantastic job. I was unable to get touch-ups the past year due to COVID and recently went back. There was so little hair left to do that we did half the planned areas because it held up so well. I can't recommend this service enough. The only thing bad I have to say is I wish I did it sooner. Oh, and they have their own skincare line which is also great."
- "I’ve been a patient of Dr. Wiggins for many years and now she’s my go-to for Beauty. She’s an artist and views your face as her canvas. She recommends just the right amount and just the right stuff. I can see where people would want more and where it could become addictive BUT the beauty is she keeps you in check and keeps it real… Treat yourself - YOU deserve it!"
- "Edwin is truly incredible. He was by far the best massage therapist I have ever had and you can really tell he takes pride in his work. I have already noticed such a difference and cannot wait for my next appointment. Sante's front desk is also very warm and welcoming, I definitely will continue coming back here and recommend it to everyone! THANK YOU!"
- "An absolutely stunning spa, it is always a joy to visit! The staff here is incredibly friendly and creates a welcoming warm environment."
- "While some of Portland’s spas go in for minimalism or new-age spiritualism, SANTÉ leans hard into its luxurious, Pompeii-before-the-volcano vibe."
- I’ve been a patient of Dr. Wiggins for many years and now she’s my go to for Beauty. She’s an artist and views your face as her canvas. She recommends just the right amount and just the right stuff. I can see where people would want more and where it could become addictive BUT, the beauty is she keeps you in check and keeps it real…Treat yourself YOU deserve it!
- The results from Plexr blow my mind! It radically smoothes out static lines like nothing else. To me, Santé is the only place to get it done because they always offer top-of-the-line products and services. The downtime does look a little scary, but it passes quickly, and then you get to see the clock roll back big time!
- "I love this place. Very friendly and talented staff. It’s a beautiful, relaxing facility. I would highly recommend!”
- "This place is phenomenal and the staff are all top-notch. A1 service and facilities!!”
- “I would highly recommend Janessa for massages. She is wonderful, a great listener, and is absolutely fantastic! On top of this, the facility is beautiful and the reception team was incredibly helpful”